"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, August 9, 2010

A bit about Lauren Kate

Loves clips - any clips - in her carseat, other carseats, her bike trailer,
and clearly, on a life jacket too.

Loves water! On the Lake. Family reunion in July.


.....She's the joy of our life.

*She loves to play "peek-a-boo". Every time we get in the car and she has her blanket with her, it takes about 5 seconds and we hear her say, "Yauren go?". She pulls her blanket over her face and waits for us to respond with, "oh no! Where's Lauren? Did we leave her at Grandma's? Is she swimming with fishies? Did she hide under the seat?, etc. etc. And then she'll pull the blanket down and say "peek-a-boo" with a big smile on her face. Then the whole thing repeats as many times as we can stand it.
*The absolute cutest phrase is "oh my goodness!" She actually says "ah my ginness" and will randomly say it on her own. We can't stand it, it's so cute.
*She loves books.
*She has started recalling and singing songs on her own:
"impsy, impsy sawber....down washed sawber out"
"jumping on bed....bonk head (sad voice) no no jumping bed"
"ABCDE"
I started teaching her "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" and it was so cute as she repeated the words with me..."at home...at sool...at pay". Now she'll sometimes say, "Jesus....beam"
*She pretends a lot. She likes to say, "wrap banket - which usually means spread blanket- and then she'll lay out all her dolls and stuffed animals out to "rest".
*She's in kind of an aggressive pushing stage right now. heh... that's tricky. I have to watch her constantly when we're with kids smaller than her. I don't know how many times I've said, "we don't push - look she/he's sad. Pushing makes people sad."
She's also really possessive. I guess that comes with being the only one at home and always having everything to yourself. But she does know the word "share" and she knows what it means. Practice is always harder than theory, right?
*She sleeps 12 hours and night and usually 2-3 hours for her nap!! I am so lucky! She is an awesome sleeper! I am so grateful!
*She remembers to say prayer before we eat! Sometimes I'll quickly get her lunch and before I've had a chance to remind her, she'll say "payr" and tuck her little hands under her chin.
And at night, when we say bed time prayers, she'll say "kneel".
*She repeats daily, "taya batized!" (Makayla, her cousin, got baptized) and then she'll say "Jesus batized! Mommy batized! Daddy batized! and even sometimes, banket batized, pillow batized" :) We remind her that only people are baptized :)
*I am so impressed with her comprehension and retention! And I am humbled and amazed at how she absorbs information like a sponge!! How crucial it is to expose her to goodness and truth every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment