"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, August 9, 2010

My love for Asian food is growing

I found this recipe in a Pampered Chef Cookbook - Wow!
The secret is the Thai Peanut sauce, which I was a little hesitant to buy - not sure I would like it, and it would just get wasted. But I'm so glad I tried it!
It is pretty spicy, but if you have plenty of milk or water on hand, to alternate with bites, it's bearable :)
Since garden green beans are plentiful right now, I added those in the mix (and omitted the baby corn, since I don't really like it)

"Thai Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry Salad"

2 small carrots, peeled
8 c. chopped romaine lettuce
1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I actually used breasts, since I had them)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 TBSP veg. oil
1/4 c. dry roasted peanuts
1 can (15 oz.) baby corn, drained
1 med. red bell pepper
1 med. red onion
4 garlic cloves
1/3 c. Thai peanut sauce (I used peanut satay sauce- it was all I could find)
1/4 c. chopped cilantro (optional)
Julienne carrots (or cut them however you want) and arrange them on plates over the lettuce.
Dice chicken into 1-inch pieces and combine with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a skillet 1-3 min. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, chop peanuts (if you have a Pampered Chef food chopper, it's handy) and set aside.
Cut baby corn in half cross-wise. Slice bell pepper into strips; cut strips in half. Slice onion in to 1/2 inch thick wedges. slice garlic (I used my garlic press)
Add vegetables to chicken in skillet. Cook until vegs. are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in peanut sauce.
Spoon stir-fry over salad, sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.


*In the future, I think I'll just add more ingredients to make it a little larger dish and add the whole jar of peanut satay sauce - you're supposed to use it within 3 days of opening. And, the sauce seemed a little sparce when I originally made it.
*Oh yeah, and I didnt' actually eat it over romaine lettuce. We used rice. We didn't have lettuce when I made it, but I definitely want to try the salad. I think it would be so good.
*And I served it with baked potstickers and those other little tubes you see are just leftover wonton wraps dipped in water and cinn/sugar, rolled up and baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment