"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Saturday, January 14, 2012

PRESCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So one day, it got to the point where I had to make a change.

In a rare free moment, I laid aside all inhibition and got on the phone to sign Lauren up for preschool. Yes, mid - year. I didn't know that was possible, but it is. And co-incidentally, they had one opening. We took it, and in two days, Lauren was walking into her classroom and taking her seat in a yellow chair.

When I picked her up, I wanted to take a picture of her, but she wouldn't hold still for a second! She was wired and crazy. Giddy, you might say. This was the best I could do:




As we were leaving for her second day, we had this little dialogue:

Lauren: "I'm going to tell my teacher that I want a different chair"
Me: "Oh, why?'
Lauren: "Because I don't like yellow. I like green and blue and all the boy colors and I like pink, but I don't like yellow."

As I dropped her off, I looked into the classroom and noticed that there are 3 tables: one with blue chairs, one with red chairs, and one with yellow chairs :). And Lauren immediately, upon seeing her teacher, requested a different chair.
(Which request was either not understood immediately, or side-stepped by her teacher, who said, "Hi Lauren! Find your seat... and can you start tracing your name?" )
I have no idea why she decided she doesn't like yellow, but I think she may have to accept her assignment for a few more months. :) We'll see if she brings it up again.
She is very opinionated and very sure about what she does and doesn't like.
But she loves preschool and I love the 3-hour break I get every Tues. and Thurs. and I am a happier mom. :)



(though, as mentioned in a previous post, it is bittersweet to watch your kids grow up. The first time I dropped her off, I almost didn't know what to do with myself when I got home. I missed her! I am used to her companionship and conversation!)


Overall, I think this was a good move.


We love preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment