"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, June 11, 2010

Inspiration

I am inspired.
One day my coat closet will resemble this:
The closet now:

I'm really embarassed to admit ownership of this closet, but hopefully now that it's public, I will be more motivated to reach my desired end.
You all understand. It's just one of those things you deal with every day, vowing that one day you'll get organized and make it look better.

Sometimes I do take the time to organize the shoes, but today I just got sick of them laying all over the house and I was sweeping and vacuuming so I threw them all in. It's a good catch-all place that is hidden by a closed door :)



That baby bouncy chair you see? That broke when my husband let our almost 30 lb toddler sit in it. Somehow it ended up here! What? Why?!
And the strand of christmas lights........they've been there since before we moved in. I think the previous owner left them.
Okay, so I've really put myself out there, admitting laziness and procrastination. Watch for an update. :) I can only take the humiliation for so long.
(not to mention the unsightly clutter!)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe if your after picture looks great, you will be my motivator. I have wanted to do somthing with our closet FOREVER and just keep wondering how to do it. It overwhelms me. So the shoes stay thrown around and things in all sides. I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted this! Not only will it help to motivate you, but it somehow makes me feel better about the disaster that is my closet (even though yours pales in comparison to mine). :D

    ReplyDelete