"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Gingerbread" Houses





Each year, we anticipate the occasion of my mom's "Welcome Christmas" party. A standard tradition is to gather around the bar with barely enough room to work (given the bowls and bowls of candy)to construct our gingerbread houses. It's always fun to watch the creations come to form.
Some care more about how much candy they can cram on/in/around the house, and others care about esthetics - me. When Dave filled the center of our house with candy, causing the walls to fall outward, I was pretty bugged, and what became embarassingly clear, is that my perfectionism sometimes ruins the fun for Dave. After I relaxed a little and realized that he is actually really good at making things look good, we ended up with a cool house filled with candy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment