"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, April 12, 2010

Sweetened Condensed Milk, My Little Cabbage Eater, and All Binkies Accounted For

One day I made a chocolate cake and didn't have time (or didn't feel like) making the ganache frosting to top it. So I scattered these big chocolate chips on while it was warm, then drizzled sweetened condensed milk all over it. YUM! It was a big hit. Everyone kept asking what was on it and requesting the recipe. Yay for sweetened condensed milk! It makes everything good. I love it so much I could eat it by spoonfuls from the can!
BTW - if you want the original delicious recipe, with the ganache frosting, look here.

Lauren loves cabbage! And the cabbage she's eating here is warmed up in the microwave, left over from last night's dinner! She has always been a good eater - let's hope it continues!




Empty bowl - happy girl :)
And now, about the binkies.
I don't know how to explain the satisfaction it gives me when I know that all 4 of Lauren's binkies area accounted for! It just gives me a sense of peace and completion. When I know that there's one in the car for back up and 3 in the cupboard, my mind is at ease. :) Maybe it's a little OCD, or it could be that I'm just convinced I won't buy any more binkies for her. (isn't it amazing how the little things just disappear in your own house, never to be found again?!) So when I know we still have 4, I know there are plenty of extras.
Even Lauren finds comfort in knowing where they all are.....one in her mouth and one in each hand :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow that dessert looks so yummy! And I felt the same way about Josh's binki's but now that he destroyed them all by chewing them to peices he only has two left and I am determined not to buy more. It is a real panick feeling when I don't know where one of the two are and I am scared for the day he destroys the last one.

    ReplyDelete