"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, April 2, 2010

Toddler Overalls and Mom Aerobics






















I was a little intimidated to post my first official "good thing". It's the first one. It should be thought provoking and enlightening right?
I could waste time overthinking. I'm good at that.
But I won't - here are the things on my mind right now:
  • Overalls on Lauren. I absolutely love overalls! I think they look so cute!


  • Jane Austen movies. Dave and I have recently seen "Sense and Sensibility" and "Emma" (both BBC/Masterpiece Classic versions checked out from the library). We both loved them and didn't want them to end!


  • Carrying on that theme, the Masterpiece Classic version of "Jane Eyre" is also just as good. (and also checked out from the library)


  • Chocolate chips straight from the freezer - I'm addicted.


  • Gingersnaps (I can eat like 10 a day)


  • Little House on the Prairie. I am a lifetime fan. How can you get more wholesome? I have had a crush on Charles Ingalls since I can remember.


  • And finally, "Mom Aerobics" at the church. The turnout is usually around 4 moms and 8-10 kids. We haul in the nursery toys and the kids play in the gym while the moms work out..... and try not to trip on kids or toys .....and monitor escapees roaming the halls.......and encourage sharing of Cheerios and Goldfish..... and comfort crying toddlers who have been pushed or robbed of a toy. Sometimes you get more of a workout than you bargain for, and sometimes you have a great excuse when the workout is too hard :) It's always a win-win situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment